Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Little Marbles of Goodness


I had been craving chocolate cookies for a while now, but after working on the desserts for Daring Bakers and TWD last week, I didn't want to go near my oven. My oven and I decided that we needed a break from one another. Nothing permanent; just a little time apart to reflect on how much we love and need one another. The break lasted a good 57 hours. The break might have been a little longer if the craving for chocolate cookies hadn't kicked back in. I decided to make a cookie recipe that I had seen in my Williams-Sonoma Desserts book. This cookie was so good and crumbly. I decided to use hazelnuts since I figured those nuts would really complement the chocolate. The cinnamon really does go a long way in these cookies and you can taste it in each bite. The powdered sugar not only makes the cookies look nice, but it also add another layer to the many flavors of the cookie.

Heidi's Chocolate Butter Crisps
Source: Williams-Sonoma

1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts)
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and flour. Set aside. Place the butter and granulated sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla, nuts, and chocolate chips. Gradually stir in the flour mixture and combine thoroughly.

Scoop up rounded teaspoons of the dough in the shape of large marbles. Arrange the cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes and then dust with confectioner's sugar.



Cookies!

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

These look so delicious!! Cookies are sounding mighty tasty right about now.