Monday, January 26, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Andes Cookies

There's no TWD here. I feel kind of bad because I really wanted to try the French Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread chosen by Heather of Sherry Trifle but I just didn't have the time to do it. Being the supportive wife during Alex's interviewing season plus being a full-time student has really taken a toll on my free time. I promise to try this recipe soon though. I did, however, have a chance to make some Andes cookies. Our friend Lauren was kind enough to let us stay at her apartment 2 weeks in a row and I figured I would say "Thank you" by making her some cookies. I picked the right cookies because she really liked them. The cookies were so good. If you like Andes chocolate mint candies then you will definitely like these cookies. They remind me of chocolate chip cookies but with mint chocolate chips and a hint of mint flavoring in the cookie dough.

Andes Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Tootsie Roll Industries Website (here)

1/2 cup salted butter - softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz.) Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips (I used 1 box of Andes and chopped the chocolate pieces)
2-2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.

Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour. Chill approximately one hour in the refrigerator. During the last half hour or so, begin preheating the oven to
350° F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Measure out approximately 1 oz. of dough. Form a ball and slightly flatten (I missed the flattening part...oops!). Place the cookies about 1-inch apart. Bake for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool on pans for two minutes before setting on cooling rack.

I love that you can see the Andes so well in this picture.

Thanks again Lauren! xoxo

4 comments:

pinkstripes said...

Oh, yum. those sound and look very delicious. Thanks for sharing.

The Food Librarian said...

These look great! If you get a chance later, you should try the TWD gingerbread. It's really good.

Katrina said...

I bought two bags of the pre chopped Andes Mints that were on sale after the holidays and think these would be great to use them in! I, too, love that you can see the chocolate mints in the broken open cookie!
Great blog. Just discovered it as I'm getting ready to type up my TWD for tomorrow. It's about time someone picked the cake that is on the front of the Baking book! ;)

AnickH said...

THese look so good im gonna try them next for sure