Monday, March 2, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

North End's G'Vanni's Ristorante

I signed up for studentrate.com a while ago because I wanted to get some tickets to the theatre. Every week they send me updates on new student deals. One of the most recent emails included an offer for G'Vanni's in the North End. This was a great offer and a hard one to resist. The offer was for a free meal. All you had to do was go to G'Vanni's pay for a meal and then they'd send you gift certificates in the amount you spent in your initial meal. I was thrilled with this offer because I had been to G'Vanni's twice before and I knew we would be going back many times since this restaurant is tied with Piccola Venezia for my favorite North End restaurant.

We started the night with the Mozzarella Wrap. This dish combines my two favorite ingredients when it comes to Italian food: mozzarella and prosciutto. The mozzarella is wrapped in prosciutto and baked to an indulgent perfection. The prosciutto is crispy and salty and the mozzarella is melted yet firm.
Alex ordered the Pollo Saltimbocca. This was a sauteed chicken with prosciutto and mozzarella. The chicken was juicy and succulent and topped with the killer Italian combo.
I order the Pollo Parmesan and OMG was it delicious! The chicken was so crispy. I loved how the cheese was browned and the sauce was amazing. This chicken parm is the way all chicken parms should taste. Alex and I were commenting on how great their tomato sauce was and how natural it tasted.
We ordered the Tiramisu for dessert. This tiramisu was light, creamy, and full of coffee flavors. It was topped with a chocolate covered cherry, which was a great end to a great meal
G'Vanni's is located on Prince Street in Boston's North End. They are a small restaurant so I definitely recommend making reservations.

No comments: