Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

A Few Recommendations...

Amy posted a comment on my Restaurant Week post asking for some recommendations. I thought about posting a comment back but I wanted to make sure she (and everyone else) saw my recommendations. I take Restaurant Week very seriously. I look through the whole list of the restaurants. Then I look at all the Restaurant Week menus for each. I narrow the list of restaurants down to restaurants I would actually want to eat at (do they have food I like? do they have food Alex likes?). I then head to the restaurant's website and look at their regular menu to see how good of a deal the Restaurant Week menu is. There are some participating restaurants that aren't really offering you anything special, so I like to avoid those. The whole point of Restaurant Week is exploring new restaurants you might have never gone to because of price. I usually like to go to restaurants that are out of our price range (Capital Grille, Ruth's Chris, Turner Fisheries, etc) because that way I can test out the restaurant and see if they are really worth the price (they usually are). I figure it would suck to spend $150 on a meal and not be satisfied with it, so Restaurant Week allows you to test the restaurants out.

With all that said, here are some of my top suggestions, in no particular order:

1. Avila: great food and great service. The restaurant is beautiful. We meant to go there for Restaurant Week last year but I got the dates confused. We ended up eating off of the regular menu. I remember being so incredibly happy after this meal. It was fulfilling and enjoyable.

2. Beehive: I love this restaurant because of the scene. They play live music there and the restaurant has such a laid back feel. The food is good too and servings are huge. Their martinis are amazing. (More of a review here)

3. Bonfire: This is probably Alex's favorite restaurant in the city. Big servings as well but what makes this restaurant special are all the unique and different touches in each of their dishes. (More of a review here)

4. Masa, South End: Great, great, great! This might be my favorite restaurant. Everything about the restaurant is great. The food is delicious, the drinks are great, and the restaurant has such a cozy feel. (More of a review here)

5. Morton's: Huge servings. You will always leave there feeling like you don't have to eat for a week. This is one of my favorite steakhouses in the city because it feels so unpretentious. (More of a review here)

6. Teatro: Good food but what really makes this restaurant is how gorgeous it is.

My biggest recommendation would be to go to the Restaurant Week site and look through the menus. You might have different tastes than me. If you need or want someone to go with you to any of the above mentioned restaurants, let me know and I'll go with you :)

2 comments:

Amber2Zoe said...

Thanks so much! I think I'll check out either Masa or Beehive as the both look yummy (mexican chocolate sauce!!!).

Now all I need to do is coordinate my brother's schedule and mine. :oP

Stephanie said...

You're welcome! Enjoy whatever restaurant you go to :)