Monday, September 28, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

An Ode to Funfetti

Oh Funfetti. How do I love thee? I love you like no other. You were my first boxed cake and have been my favorite ever since. I refuse to buy or make other boxed cakes except for you. There's something about you that keeps me coming back for more. There's something about you that sent me into a fit of I MUST HAVE YOU NOW OR ELSE I WON'T MAKE IT TO TOMORROW that made me go to Publix and buy you. Is it your sprinkles? Or is it that you're a white cake? I've tried imitation cakes but there is no replicating or replacing Funfetti. You are hands down my favorite cake and you have never, ever disappointed me. I could eat you all by myself and I've thought about hiding you from Alex but if he finds out I'm hiding Funfetti from him, he might just smash all my eggs and put me on a forced baking leave. Thank you Funfetti. Thank you for being you and for being the best you can be despite being a boxed cake mix.
PS Sorry for the randomness of this post. My pregnancy brain has me thinking of nothing but Funfetti cake.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Funfetti! This reminds me of a birthday party I had. My mom baked a funfetti sheet cake, then cut out little circles so we could decorate our own mini cake.

My Peace Of Food said...

OMG I didn't even know this stuff still existed. Next birthday for me! Love it!

Mary said...

I love Funfetti too! I keep a secret box in the pantry at all times...shh...I don't want to get kicked out of the fancy TWD group! The only thing better than a funfetti cake is a funfetti cupcake....mmmm...