Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pancake Delight

I woke up in the mood for pancakes. I've made quite a few recipes from scratch and none of them have turned out well. They are either rubbery or too raw despite looking burned on the outside or flat on flavor. I took a chance on this recipe and it was the best decision I could have made. The recipe was composed of pantry staples and the end product was fantastic. These pancakes were not rubbery, raw, or flat. They were perfect. Dare I even say they tasted like they came out of a diner instead of my kitchen? These babies are dense cakes of 100% breakfast goodness.

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
Source: Allrecipes (here)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar (I added 2 Tbsp)
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

1 comment:

Eliana said...

I have yet to find a "from scratch" recipe for pancakes that doesn't taste like raw flour. I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.