Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

S'Mores Cookies aka The Best Cookies Ever

I've never had a s'mores cookie before but for some reason I was wanting them real bad. So bad that I couldn't even concentrate. So I found a recipe and made them. And then I fell in love with the cookie all over again. Cookies have always been my favorite dessert to make because everyone likes cookies and because they are perfect single servings. But this cookie renewed my love for the cookie. These cookies are both perfection and heaven. By far the best cookies I have ever made and that says a lot. These cookies are like chocolate chip cookies only a million times better. I didn't do the last step of putting bits of chocolate and marshmallows onto the cookie. Instead I threw everything into the cookie and baked away. I don't think this switch changed anything about the cookie, but if it did I am glad I did it then. The cookies were amazingly chewy and the marshmallow gave the cookie a deep brown sugar flavor. I ate 4 of the cookies after they came out of the oven. Alex and his mom said they were the best cookies they'd ever had and Alex's mom even snuck one of the cookies away and hid it for later. You absolutely must give these cookies a try.
S'Mores Cookies
Source: Jigglebuns on Tasty Kitchen (here)

2 cups All-purpose Flour
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter, Softened
¾ cups Sugar
¾ cups Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 whole Eggs
1 cup Miniature Chocolate Chips
2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
3 whole Hershey's Bars, Chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Slowly mix in the flour mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven. Push 3 or 4 marshmallows and a couple of pieces of chocolate into each cookie. Return to oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until cookie is cooked and marshmallows are beginning to brown. Cool cookies on wire rack.

3 comments:

Fallon said...

I'm a s'moresoholic! I still haven't made s'mores cookies because I'm afraid I'll eat the whole batch. =P I think this is something I'm making for the holidays this year!

Eliana said...

Cookies are one of my favs. They are so fun to make and these look DELISH.

Katrina said...

Yum! I need to try these. I've had them marked to get around to, but haven't yet. They look de-lish!