Friday, September 25, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

POM Wonderful Jello

The awesome people at POM Wonderful contacted me and sent me some of their POM Wonderful juice. I had seen this juice in the store but never bought it because of the price tag. I was afraid I wouldn't like the juice and that was enough to justify me not buying it. After receiving the samples, I can see why someone would go for POM Wonderful despite the price tag. You are definitely getting a quality product in this juice. If you like cranberry juice, you will LOVE POM Wonderful. This juice made my pregnant soul sing because of how good it was. It's not as tart as cranberry juice and you can taste how natural it is; it doesn't taste like it's loaded with artificial flavors or sugars. I've had other pomegranate juices and something about them tastes so fake and unsatisfying. This juice is 100% pomegranate goodness and all I can say now is, what took me so long to try this? It's a great tasting juice and you feel so healthy after drinking it.

After chugging a bottle down, I decided to make this juice a little bit unhealthy. How, you ask? I made some pomegranate jello and topped that baby with some pomegranate whipped cream. These two recipes are perfect for showcasing the flavor of the juice without taking one ounce of it's natural flavor away.


Pomegranate Jello
Source: Alton Brown
Enough for 2 servings.

1 cup POM Wonderful
1 envelopes unflavored gelatin 

1 tablespoons sugar

Place 1/4 cup of the pomegranate juice into a medium mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Mix together and set aside.

Place the remaining juice and the sugar into a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring just to a boil. Remove from the heat and add to the juice and gelatin mixture, stirring to combine.

Pour liquid in mold of your choice and refrigerate until hardened, about 90 minutes.

Top with pomegranate whipped cream and enjoy!


Pomegranate Whipped Cream

1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp powdered sugar
2 Tbsp POM Wonderful

Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a small bowl and whip until it starts to thicken. Add the pomegranate juice and continue to whip until the cream holds peaks.

No comments: