Saturday, September 12, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

So Proud of Myself!

I am beaming right now. I did something and I am extremely proud of myself. When we lived in Boston we purchased a dresser. When we found out we were moving to Miami, this dresser became a sore spot. Alex wanted to sell all our furniture and leave Boston with nothing but our clothes. I, on the other hand, wanted to leave Boston with our furniture. I managed to convince him and the dresser was brought down to Miami. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I became fixated on the dresser. I decided it would go in the nursery. But before that, it needed a face lift. My plan is to have all the furniture in the nursery white and the dresser was not white. I looked up how to refinish the dresser and, because it seemed easy enough, I did it myself. I spent the day sanding, priming, and painting. The end product is gorgeous and exactly what I wanted for the room. Every time I look at the dresser I can't believe I was able to revive and remodel it.

The best before picture I could find.
Sanded down.
Primed.

All painted and done! I love it! Now I just need to find some great looking knobs.

3 comments:

Fallon said...

Oh wow, that looks great! Looks brand new now!

Unknown said...

That looks great! Check Anthropologie for knobs... they have amazing, beautiful selections.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/category.jsp?_DARGS=/anthro/catalog/common/highlited_itemcount.jsp_A&_DAV=true&_dynSessConf=1491289159265236103&viewAllOnOnePage=yes&itemCount=-1&pushId=HOME-HARDWARE&selectedProductSize=&startValue=1&id=HOME-HARDWARE&selectedProductColor=&defaultSort=&navCount=5&templateType=&navAction=top&displayNumber=8&selectedProductSize1=&sortby=&prepushId=&popId=HOME

Eliana said...

Wow - it looks fantastic.