Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

Cati is becoming such a big girl. It really struck me this week as my baby girl is mastering modeling (mimicking). I was cleaning the bathroom one day and wiping things down with a paper towel and Cati grabbed a paper towel and started wiping down the surface as well. Then another day we were at the park and Cati was playing with the mulch. I grabbed the mulch and dropped it in front of her and she did the same right back! I was so happy and impressed.
Cati is getting so well at comprehending my requests. If she's playing with something and I say "can mommy see that?" she will give me whatever is in her hand. Likewise, if she's playing with something she doesn't quite understand or she finds something on the floor she calls my attention by going "ahh" (kind of like her saying "huh?") and then she gives me the item. The funniest word, however, is "dormir" (sleep). At the end of the day if I say "a dormir" she knows to go to her room for bedtime. During the day when I say it she cries because she doesn't want to go down for a nap. It's so cute!
IMG_8726
Cati has been saying mama and dada for a while but she's not really consistent with who she says it to. She'll say mama when she is crying, complaining or upset, and she says dada every other time. The one word she is consistent with is "agua." She says it just like we do (!!!) whenever she wants something to drink. Before she would say "gua" but now she actually says "agua." The sound of her voice feels so differently when she's saying something I know to be a word versus when she's best babbling.
IMG_9526
Cati totally gets peek-a-boo! If I ask "where's the baby?" she covers her face with either her hands or her towel or clothes then she removes her hands and reveals a face that's expecting me to say "peek-a-boo I see you!" The giggles that ensue are the BEST.
IMG_9476
As a stay-at-home mom the hardest thing for me is figuring out what to do with Cati on a day-to-day basis that is free. I think our problem is partially solved! We go to the library on a weekly basis but it's usually to pick up books I have put on hold so I don't go into the children's area. This week I wanted to look through the children's books and I discovered that they made over the children's area and now it has a ton of great toys and activities for the kids. All the toys are tactile and auditory and they make me wish we had more room at home so I could buy her the exact same toys. We easily spent an hour at the library playing.
IMG_8714
Milk switch is going so well. Cati now drinks cow's milk with her cereal in the morning and her first bottle of the day is all cow's milk.  Her appetite has also seemed to have return and she is eating more solids. I'm assuming this return of appetite means there are no new teeth on the horizon. That's fine with me because I think she looks breathtakingly adorable with her two little teeth.
IMG_9524
Music class went so well this week. Alex got to go and I somehow suckered him into doing the dancing circle activity. It was so funny to see how awkward he was especially since he was the only dad participating in that activity. Just like last week, Cati understood what she had to do with the instruments but she just wasn't interested. I don't blame her either seeing as the other babies are a million times more interesting than wooden sticks. The teacher called Cati a social butterfly because of how obsessed she was with following the other kids around the class, petting them and trying to give them kisses. I love how Cati is so gentle and undemanding of other babies. As Alex said later that day she treats other babies like she treats Perla.
Cati's birthday is in 15 days and her party is in 13 days. I can't believe we are so close!
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

Her hair is adorable sticking up like that! And that video of her tossing up the mulch is super cute! I bet you are so happy she is saying mama and dada : )