Friday, March 18, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Giving Back

Sometimes I get down on myself. My life is hard, it sucks, I wish I had more money, I wish things were easier, blah, blah, blah. Then I stop and take a real good look at my life. I suck myself out of the pity party I'm throwing and I make sure I am reminded of the fact that my life is truly blessed and I am fortunate on so many levels. There are people out there who are really suffering and hurting. My problems pale in comparison to the real problems of others. I have a home, a husband, a healthy daughter, a fresh meal whenever I want it, all our worldly things are intact. Bottom line is that we live comfortably and my soul and body are not heavy with feelings of uncertainty or fear.

My heart goes out to all those affected by the earthquake in Japan. Being so far away it's easy to feel disconnected. It's easy to ignore the cries and pleas of the other when it's not staring you in the face and knocking on your door. But we can't turn our backs on our fellow human beings and it's in moments like this were the true beauty of our humanity shines. Living Social has an incredible deal going on where you pay $5 for a $10 donation to the American Red Cross. I hope you consider buying (I already did) or donating to another organization that can help.

If you know of any unique ways to donate let me know. I'm in love with Ooh Moon's donation incentive.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Prasad said...

Now this is the right time to help Japan. Each and everyone & every country should help Japan.