Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Ritzy Mac & Cheese

I love mac & cheese. I love the comfort I get from eating the warm, cheesy pasta. I topped this mac & cheese with Ritz crackers and it was sooo good. It was literally like eating a Ritz cracker topped with a slice of cheddar cheese. This pasta is for you if you like your mac & cheese extra cheesy and thick. Delicious!
Ritzy Mac & Cheese

8 oz elbow pasta
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper
1/3 cup Ritz crackers crumbs
1 Tbsp butter, cubed

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.

In a saucepan over medium heat bring the heavy cream to a boil. Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta and coat evenly.

Pour pasta into a casserole dish and top with Ritz cracker crumbs. Dot with cubed butter.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

Melissa Prendergast said...

This looks AWESOME!! And it looks like something I might actually be able to attempt to cook that would come out edible despite my "expert cooking skills"! ;-)

I'm going to have to try this one!

Stephanie said...

It's an easy enough recipe. Definitely give it a try!