Friday, June 18, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

I don't know what it is but I am really starting to enjoy Cati. I've spent a lot of time this week thinking about my first 3 months with her and how I was doing emotionally during those months. I feel like that was a completely different person. I'm still getting to know Cati and I still have my moments of frustration but I feel happier now. A little more at peace with the huge responsibility inherent in raising a child. I don't sulk around on Sundays anymore wondering how I am going to make it through the week. I think a lot of this has to with how happy of a baby Cati has become. She cried sooo much during the first 3 months. I constantly doubted myself. Was I not feeding her enough? Holding her enough? Getting all her gases out? Changing her diapers quick enough? Not loving her enough? Now, none of those questions run through my mind. Cati spends more time smiling and laughing than crying. She practically gives away the smiles. I honestly never thought I'd have such a happy baby.
She started doing something new this week. She's been rolling like mad but now she buries her head, lifts her butt, and tries to move her legs. She isn't able to move forward but she is able to move in circles. It's hard to believe that all this is a part of her learning how to crawl and that one day, she will indeed by crawling.

I nearly had a heart attack this week because someone mistakenly canceled Cati's baptism next weekend. My initial reaction was to cry ("You don't do this to a frazzled mom of a 4-month old" I said) and then I laughed. I laughed because I couldn't believe this was happening. Laughed because it seemed unreal that no one would call to confirm the cancellation. Luckily, it's all been resolved and it was a huge misunderstanding, but there are still a few loose ends. The important thing is that Cati will get baptized next weekend, it just won't be performed by the person who agreed to do the baptism.
I'm trying to get Cati used to sleeping unswaddled. This is going to be tough because, even if she is asleep, the moment she realizes her hands are free they go straight to her mouth and wake her up. The most I've been able to get her to sleep unswaddled is an hour. The main reason I even want to deswaddle is because I'm afraid of her rolling onto her belly in her sleep and not being able to push herself up or roll back onto her back.
Other than that, Cati and I have been working tirelessly on Alex's first Father's Day present. We really hope he likes what we got him :)

No comments: