Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: White Chocolate Brownies

I'm just going to come out and say it. There's no point in beating around the bush. I don't understand brownies that are called blondies like this one or made out of white chocolate like these brownies. I'm so used to traditional brownies and their textures that everything else just tastes off. They don't taste fudgy or have that crispy top. Instead they taste more like cake to me and that's exactly what these White Chocolate Brownies tasted like. Alex even said they tasted like a pound cake.
I didn't do the meringue top because I honestly didn't want to use up another egg just to get the egg white and I used strawberries instead of raspberries. I also skipped the part of mixing together the sugar with the orange zest. The resulting brownie was really good, but like I said earlier, it tasted more like a cake than a brownie. Maybe that's what makes nontraditional brownies so special?Either way, thanks to Marthe of Culinary Delights for this week's selection. Make sure to check out her blog for the recipe and the TWD site to read about everyone else's experiences with this brownie.

2 comments:

Marthe said...

You're absolutely right: these were not brownie-like!! It's more cakey, but I still liked them. Yours look lovely with the strawberries!

Katrina said...

Definitely cake.
Wish I would have left off the meringue. Mine were way underbaked (like many others) because with the meringue, you can't tell if they're baked through and the toothpick trick doesn't work. Oh well.
Tasted good, but GIVE ME A REAL BROWNIE! ;)