Friday, September 17, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Josie} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from from someone extra special to me. Without this woman I wouldn't be a mother today. She's the main reason I feel all the love I do because without her I wouldn't have Alex and without Alex I wouldn't have Cati. I am extremely fortunate to have a great relationship with my mother-in-law Josie. The truth is, I have a better relationship with her than I do my own mother. Growing up I had one image of motherhood and that image wasn't always the most positive or the most loving. Knowing Josie and seeing the relationship Alex has with her introduced me to a different kind of motherhood: one full of love to the point of suffocation, a love that is fierce, passionate, protective, and wholesome. I didn't understand this kind of love until I became a mother. I didn't know I could feel this kind of love. While I still struggle to understand this kind of love within the context of Alex and Josie's relationship, I pray every day to have that type of relationship with Cati. I never want Cati to doubt how much I love her just like Alex never doubts how much Josie loves him.

CatarinaL-085

Here are Josie's answers:

1. One ugly truth about motherhood. Fears and worries.

2. What does motherhood mean to you? Everything.

3. How has motherhood empowered you? It has increased my faith and trust in God and enriched my prayer life.

Josie's so straightforward isn't she? Thank you Josie for mothering and helping Alex become the man I adore. Thank you for giving me a positive image of motherhood and thank you for loving my daughter to the extreme. 

Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn, Melisa, Esther, Andrea, Jenny, Jen, Mollie, Jamie, Charlotte, Erika, Shari, Julie, Lenore, Caroline, Alex, Prudy, Delia, Kelly, Becki, Bree, Jill and Erin's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com.   

No comments: