Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Dessert Table Sweet: Easy Oreo Truffles

IMG_0100c
I want to wait until I get the professional pictures to show you all the party pictures but I don't want to wait until then to share the recipes for the desserts I made. Most of the recipes are my go-to recipes and have made their appearance on the blog before but I think it's time for a refresher. First up, was the overwhelming favorite of the day: Oreo Truffles. Everyone loved them and one of my friends even called me after the party asking for directions on how to make the truffles. If you haven't tried these truffles then I urge you to make them right this instance. They are simply divine and outrageously good.

It was for this dessert that I used the toppers Sarah (Aspire to Be) sent us. This made the dipping part so much easier and it really dressed up the truffles and added a nice visual touch to the dessert table.

Easy Oreo Truffles
Source: Kraft Recipes

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. (16.6 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Mix cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.

Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Notes:
  • I mixed ALL the crumbs with the cream cheese and topped my truffles with pink edible balls.
  • I used about 5 oz of chocolate total for the dipping. When I made this in the past the chocolate was really hard to work with because it was very thick so this time around I made it more like a ganache by melting the chocolate with 2 Tbsp of butter and about a Tbsp of heavy cream. This made the chocolate a million times easier to work with and it helped the truffles get a more smooth and even coating.
Stephanie

2 comments:

Fallon said...

I believe a glass of milk is in order with these truffles. ;)

Love how you decorated them!

Caroline said...

I was first introduced to oreo truffles at a work party and I think it was that day I realized my life was finally complete. They are SOO good. The decorations and the little flags are adorable! So glad you had a great time and the food sounds like it was fabulous!