Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Bourbon Bread Pudding

Bourbon Bread Pudding
I never thought I would be a bread pudding fan but Dorie has turned me into one. Alex and I both enjoyed this week's Bourbon Bread Pudding selection. I will admit, however, that I cheated a bit because I wasn't in the mood to wait around while the pudding sat for an hour. Instead, I stuck the pudding in the oven right after I pour the liquid over the bread without a water bath and baked for about 25 minutes. The pudding looked gorgeous right when it was taken out of the oven because it was all puffed up like a soufflé. The pudding itself was delicious and I thought the bourbon actually gave the pudding a bit of a coconut flavor.
Bourbon Bread Pudding
Thanks to Sharon of Simply Southern for a fantastic selection. Make sure to stop by her blog for the recipe and the TWD site to read what everyone else thought about this pudding.
Stephanie

2 comments:

Eliana said...

I made a bread pudding this week too but mine was chocolate. Love the idea of adding a bit of coconut flavor though. And this one looks great.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds so good. I'm new to your blog and just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed my first visit here. Your
"baby" girl is darling. I also like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. Have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary