Friday, February 4, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

A Little Birthday Chatter, Part 3

Have I told you about my mini freak outs every day since February 1st? Well, every day I have moments of "holy crap my baby turns one this month" and "I can't believe I was pregnant a year ago." These moments always occur when I'm either doing something party-related or thinking about how the party is NEXT week. While this party is to celebrate Cati's milestone I know full well that the party is more for me than her. She won't remember all the details but I still want this party to be beautiful and fantastic so that when she looks back at this date she'll know how much we celebrated her life. To that end I have a theme (ballerinas), a color palette (pink, aqua, white), and lots of creative DIY projects (tutu wreath and name banner).
Helping me achieve my vision for Cati's birthday is one of my favorite bloggers, Sarah of Growing On Gettysburg. I'll admit that the main reason she is one of my favorites is because of her son Liam. I honestly believe he is the cutest little boy around and I totally think of him as Cati's online boyfriend. Seriously, look at him HERE and tell me he and Cati would not make the cutest baby couple. Go ahead and give it a try. See what I mean? Other than being a mom to ultra cute Liam, Sarah really inspires me because she oozes creativity and has decided to share her creativity with the world through her Aspire to Be shop (Facebook and Etsy).

Oh and to really top it off,  she is incredibly sweet. After seeing my Birthday Chatter post she emailed me and asked me about toppers. I said "of course I want them!" and was really happy I wasn't going to have to attempt this project myself.  Sarah came up with a few designs, I picked my favorites, and I got the toppers in the mail today. You'll have to wait and see what I do with them though because they are not going on cupcakes.
IMG_9890
IMG_9891

Aren't they stunning? I'm so in love with them and even more so because they were made by someone I consider a blogging friend. This blog has helped connect me to people I would never know and I am so thankful for that. Even Cati was thankful to count Sarah and Liam as friends.

IMG_9873
IMG_9895
So the birthday just got better and right now, at this very second I am fighting the urge to yell, "OMG I AM A MOTHER TO A TODDLER, WHEN THE HECK DID I GET OLD ENOUGH FOR THAT?!?!?!"
Stephanie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay!! I am so glad you got them (we were having horrible weather up here and i was scared they were going to take forever to get to you)! So glad to hear you liked them! I can't wait to see everything come together.

Thank you for your sweet words. :-)

MrsA.Woods said...

Those are adorable! I can't wait to see pictures of the party... it's hard to believe the time has come already. So bittersweet! :)