Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Dessert Table Sweets: The Rest of the Treats

There were five other desserts on the table I didn't make. One of the desserts was sugar cookies made by my friend and baker, Shelley. The week of the party she asked if she could make some cookies for the party and I said "of course!" I love the look of decorated sugar cookies, I just don't have the time or patience for them. Needless to say, I was really happy when she said she'd even make them in the party's colors of pink and aqua. Aren't they great?
IMG_0130

Two of the desserts were cream-filled. I saw them at BJs and thought they would be perfect for the table because they were bite-sized. Plus, the cream puffs and eclairs fit into my pairs scheme for the table (two cookies, two pops, two chocolaty).
IMG_0111
IMG_0109

Last, but definitely not least, were the cupcakes and the cake. These, in my opinion, were the real show stoppers. Ivonne of by.Ivonne Cake.Love.Couture made the cupcakes and the cake and was extraordinarily helpful and excited about making these ballerina-themed sweet treats. I was beyond excited when I saw everything because we had been discussing the design for well over a month; it was nice to see the vision become a reality. The cake was made vanilla so Cati could eat some (she didn't because she fell asleep as we were cutting the cake!) and the cupcakes were red velvet. Just tell me they aren't breathtaking. 
IMG_0114
IMG_0125
Stephanie

No comments: