Monday, February 14, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Parmesan Tilapia
I am so sorry. I think the posts from the last week have been all about Cati. Yikes. So much for Confessions of a City Eater; this blog should be called "Obsession with a Catarina." I promise to get better about posting recipes, but for now I give you Parmesan Crusted Tilapia. I have made this fish dish twice and it has been equally delicious each time. The second time I forgot to mix the butter in the bread crumbs but I put butter slices to melt while it bake and it still came out great. The tilapia is tender and breaks away like a dream. This is the perfect recipe for a quick seafood dish.
Parmesan Tilapia

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Source: Jennifer @ janedeereblog.blogspot.com on Tasty Kitchen

1-½ pound Tilapia Fillets, Or Other White Fish Like Cod Or Trout
3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest
½ teaspoons Kitchen Salt
½ teaspoons Lemon Pepper
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
½ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated (I used Kraft Parmesan Cheese)
¼ cups Butter, Softened

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Line a large baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Place all fish fillets on the pan and pat dry with a clean paper towel.

In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, kitchen salt and lemon pepper until blended. Spread over top of each fillet. In another small bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and softened butter together until well blended. Spread evenly over the mayonnaise mixture on each fillet; pat crumb mixture lightly into the mayonnaise.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and top is golden brown.
Stephanie

No comments: