Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Chocolate Oatmeal Drops

Chocolate Oatmeal Drops
I'm playing a little catch up this week with TWD. I really wanted to make the scones because I have never made them before but the main dessert eater in this house is not a fan of almonds. I thought of making them with pecans instead but that would have required a trip to the store and, still feeling sick, I wasn't up for the task. As a result, you are seeing last week's Chocolate Oatmeal Drops this week. These cookies were very good and slightly different because the oatmeal gives it an interesting texture and the cinnamon gives it an interesting flavor. If you want something brownie-like with a hint of otherness then these cookies are for you.
Chocolate Oatmeal Drops
Thanks to Caroline and Claire of Bake With Us for making this selection. I promise to be back on track next week. For now, my apologies to Mike of Living Out West for missing out on his Almond Scones selection this week. Make sure to stop by the TWD site to read what everyone else did this week.
Stephanie

No comments: