Monday, February 21, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Going to Explode!

The excitement is just too much to bear. I don't know why I haven't shared this before. Oh yeah, the party took up a lot of mental space. This Saturday is going to be an "all about me" day! A few weeks back I got tickets for my friend Jeselyn and myself to go to Kohl's Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Kellogg's Kidz Kitchen. On Saturday there will be presentations given by Rachael Ray (Jeselyn's favorite), Rocco DiSpirito (such a cutie!), and Giada De Laurentiis (my favorite). At first I was going to take Cati seeing as the event is all about educating parents and kids about healthy lifestyle options, but I was really apprehensive about being out all day with Cati. We would have to leave before her morning nap and we would be getting home after her afternoon nap so she would have to nap somewhere in between and I am almost positive that nap would be preceded by a meltdown of sorts. What if she decides to breakdown during Giada's presentation and I have to leave to console her and out of respect for everyone else at the event? That would suck and I would never ask a friend to help me take care of a fussy, crying baby. The main reason she was going to go was because Alex wanted to catch up on yard work and, obviously, wouldn't be able to get things done if he was watching her all day.

But then, the stars aligned. There is an art show this weekend that he wants to go and he's going to go with his parents because I'll be out and his dad was planning on coming by to help with the yard work anyway, so that leaves my mother-in-law open and available to spend a day with Cati. This will be the first time EVER that I will have been away from Cati for a whole day. I won't put her down for a single nap and the only meal I will be giving her is breakfast. I know she'll survive because she's going to be with very capable hands, but will I? Is it silly to hope there will be alcohol at the event to prevent any sort of meltdown on my part??

Stephanie

1 comment:

cheri liefeld said...

Sounds like a great time! You'll have to share what you learned.