Thursday, February 10, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Trash the Tutu!

Or Cati's Cake Smashing Session. We had Cati's 12-month portrait session today and, for as long as I can remember, I have wanted to do a cake smashing session for this portrait session. I debated what Cati should wear and ultimately decided that she should wear her tutu and really give it a big good-bye. I still want to squeeze her in it on Monday but this was the big celebratory wear. I also wanted a pink cake but Publix only had blue and I did not want to make another trip out to the grocery store. I actually think the blue worked out better than pink!

At first, Cati was confused by the cake and she needed Alex to give her the go ahead but once she got started there was no stopping her. She had cake everywhere and she looked like a little blue alien as I tried to wipe her down at the end. Here's a video:

Here's the poor trashed tutu. It has definitely seen better days.
IMG_0021

Here's my favorite picture taken by Yania of Breathtaking Memories:
8x10

This kid is such a stunner. I still remember her newborn session and now her 12-month session is over and done with. I'm so happy we decided to document her first year of life in this way. It's crazy to think of how much my baby girl has grown and developed over this last year and how much she has filled our lives with love, happiness, and hope.
Stephanie

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Time flies when you're having fun! What a beautiful way to have memories of her first year, I love the cake smashing session photo! Adorable!

Desi said...

I love that you kept such great memories of her throughout her first year! I wanna do that with my baby one day :) I can't view the video (bummer) but she is adorable in that pic!