Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Mollie} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from Mollie, the beautiful mommy behind Bloom Photography and As For Me and My House. Not only does she take the most beautiful photographs (proof: this wedding, this engagement session, this newborn session, this maternity session, and this smash the cake session), but she is also one of the sweetest and most loving mommy bloggers. The love for her daughters is so palpable, you can almost touch it. Her personal blog is full of the cutest pictures, videos, and stories of her daughters, so I definitely recommend heading over there NOW. If I can't persuade you, then just take a look at these recent pictures of her beautiful daughters Lily and Eve and her nieces and let them persuade you.

Here are Mollie's answers:

1. One ugly truth about motherhood. Motherhood is a mirror. You can't hide from it and you see yourself exactly as you are- close up, the good the bad and the ugly. As a mother of an older toddler, I hear myself in her. I see myself in her. And I don't always like it. I want her to be a better person than I am and I am her role model every day of the week and gosh that can be a scary thought. I have never been so proud of myself and yet simultaneously realized more things I want to change deep down in side.

2. What does motherhood mean to you? Motherhood means family to me. It means my wonderful husband and I becoming more than a couple and committing to more than we ever imagined. To my girls, motherhood is comfort, strength, direction, love, food, knowledge. Motherhood is their way of life, and I am responsible for that.

3. How has motherhood empowered you? Motherhood has made me even more confident in my belief that I draw my strength and wisdom from God. I could not do this alone and I wouldn't want to attempt it. I was given these girls for a reason and just as much as it was intended for them to be my babies, I was intended to be their mom. There is such empowerment in knowing we were knit together for a purpose!

Thank you Mollie for sharing your passions with us. You are an amazing photographer and an incredible mother.

PS I plan on stealing these ice cream party, silhouette, and maternity pictures ideas! 

Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn, Melisa, Esther, Andrea, Jenny and Jen's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com.

No comments: