Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Reviewed: La Provence

There's this bakery/cafe off Miracle Mile in Coral Gables that I had been wanting to try out. La Provence looks so quaint and their display is always filled with some of the prettiest looking desserts. I went in the other day and sat down to have a Chocolate Chip Brioche and Plain Beignet. I love brioche and this sweet brioche was nicely tempered by the semisweet chocolate chips. I fell in LOVE with the beignet. I have never had one before so I didn't know what to expect. I thought it would be similar to the brioche in that it would be bread-like but the beignet was more like a donut. It was light and sweet and addicting. It's the type of food that you keep eating even though you feel extremely full. I went back two days later and got another; it was that good!

La Provence is located at 2300 Ponce de Leon Blvd in Coral Gables. You can check them out HERE.

No comments: