Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Gingered Carrot Cookies


In describing how she came up with this recipe Dorie said she was trying to create a carrot cake cookie but ultimately ended up with a different, scone-like cookie. I was hoping my cookies would be more like carrot cake because I added more carrot, omitted the raisins and coconut, and topped them with cream cheese frosting. Even with these changes the cookies did not taste like carrot cake and, in fact, the carrots were just a footnote for these cookies. I hate to say this about a cookie, but these cookies were a fail in my house. I'm glad I only made half the recipe because we still have cookies leftover and I made these last week.

Thanks to Natalia of gatti fili e farina for this week's selection. Make sure to stop by the TWD site to see what the other bakers thought of these cookies.


3 comments:

Eliana said...

These look so delicious Stephanie. Loved how you dressed them too.

natalia said...

Ciao Stephaie !Thank you for joining me this week !I'm sorry they did not work for you !!!

Katrina said...

These are not my favorite cookie (hello, where's the chocolate?), but they are certainly much better with cream cheese frosting!