Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

This week Cati said goodbye to 5 months and hello to 6 months! She did this with a bang by eating her first tablespoon of cereal!
IMG_1309
Last week Cati started getting on all fours. This week she has been all about rocking while she's on all four. Sometimes she rocks slowly and other times she rocks fast. It amazes me how she automatically does things like this; I really do take for granted how easily walking comes to me. As each day passed this week I saw her getting on all fours and rocking for longer periods of time. I wonder how long it will take her to figure out how to move herself forward.
Another new development this week is her desire to pull herself into position. If she's on her belly and wants to get closer to you she will reach for your hands and pull herself forward. If she's laying down she will reach for your hands and pull herself up and into a sitting position. If she's sitting she will reach for your hands and pull herself into a standing position. It's gotten to the point where she'll actually start whining if our hands aren't within reach when she wants to move. Alex wasn't a fan of Cati wanting to stand as much as she does at first (blame the orthopedist in him), but he's come to accept that if she's wanting to stand it's because she's probably ready to do so. My heart breaks every time I see her standing because she looks like such a little person. There's something so adult-like about being able to stand.
IMG_1164
We went to the beach this week and Cati loved it! This is her 3rd trip to the beach and it makes me so happy to see how much she likes it. Alex and I are both beach people so it would suck if Cati didn't take to it well. This beach trip was by far the best because Cati napped while we were there and she was hilarious in the water. She kept sticking out her tongue and licking the salt water off her face (she's also discovered how to splash!).
IMG_1318
Cati is becoming such a little person. I am constantly in awe of her. She makes me realize how much of my normal functioning I take for granted. There's nothing like seeing a human being develop to make you really appreciate how amazing life is.
IMG_1218

No comments: